Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Taiwan Tufts of Hair, or: HOW SOME FOREIGN MEN SEE TAIWAN AT FIRST UNTIL THEY GET TO KNOW THE LAY OF THE LAND



HOW SOME FOREIGN MEN SEE TAIWAN AT FIRST UNTIL THEY GET TO KNOW THE LAY OF THE LAND: "Speaking of my informal cultural studies of Taiwan, I had to ask this man, an uncle of my wife, if I could take a picture of him, because I was enthralled by the tuft of hair he displayed. I've never gotten over how many men here in Taiwan wear a couple of long scraggly hairs a badge of sagacity. I don't mean this in any way as an insult to a very friendly man. I just simply am still not used to seeing this."

LATER, THIS AMERICAN WITH RED HAIR WILL ASK HIS WIFE AND FIND OUT WHY SOME MEN SPORT THESE INTERESTING FACIAL HAIRS HERE AND THERE. ASK, AND YE SHALL KNOW THE ANSWER.

No comments: