Friday, March 5, 2010

Dr. David Landsborough has passed away; God rest his soul.-- (1914 - 2010)

The well-known Dr. David Landsborough, a longtime Christian medical missionary in Taiwan [who was born in Changhua, Taiwan, in 1914] passed away on March 2, 2010. Dr. Landsborough's funeral in the UK is set for March 12. The hospital in Taiwan where Dr Landsborough worked for many years will most likely have a memorial service as well, according to Miss Chang, director of nursing there.

The funeral will be held on March 12 at Redhill URC, Shaws Corner, Redhill, Surrey, UK, at 10.30 a.m. The burial will be at 11.30 a.m. and refreshments will be served in the church hall at Redhill URC sometime after 12 noon. The family has asked for family flowers only. If anyone wishes to make a contribution in Dr Langsborough's memory, it can be sent to the CWM either direct or in care of the funeral directors, J Stoneman & Sons.

Dr Lansborough passed away in the morning on March 2 at around 6 a.m., very peacefully and with his family around him. He had recently been gravely ill, not eating and scarcely drinking and having lost a great deal of weight.

"[In Dad's last days] ...he does not open his eyes, although I am sure he is aware when I speak to him and sometimes there is a hint of his old smile. He is a real fighter but I am very sad that I believe he is near the end of his long and full life. Our family is confident that he is getting the best possible care at Trembaths nursing home. The staff are immensely thoughtful and caring. Yesterday when David (my brother) and I visited, we arrived so find the tea lady holding Dad's hand and comforting him – this says alot about the depth of care at the home and the quality of the staff and this is a great comfort," said Don Landsborough in an email to friends and relatives.
__________________________________________________

3 comments:

DANIELBLOOM said...

Thanks to Geir Yeh Fotland for the above information.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I had the pleasure and privilege of meeting Dr Landsborough at his home in 2002. A very interesting and gracious man.

I've just posted the interview article I wrote up afterwards on my blog here:
http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=7379713477266304863&postID=237609383189810064

Steven Crook... said...

I had the pleasure and privilege of meeting Dr Landsborough at his home in 2002. A very interesting and gracious man.

I've just posted the interview article I wrote up afterwards on my blog here:
http://crooksteven.blogspot.com/2010/07/medical-missionary-shares-boyhood.html